Monday, June 12, 2006

REAR END PART I
First off, I couldn't write for a while as it seems that I have already exceeded my picture allocation for Blogger. Therefore, I had to find a picture hosting site. Now....on with the blog.
Last weekend, my Neighbor Glenn (who has a family of four children; two boys and two girls) , set off to assemble the Ford Nine Inch rear end of the car. During this weekend, I gained a new assistant; Claire, the ten yearold girl with the manners of a queen. It seems Claire (not pictured) has a very deep interest in the car. She has been helping me by reading ahead in the manual, sweeping the garage, etc. Her dad even bought her a model cobra for her to build along with. Anyway, Claire, Glenn and their youngest daughter Gracie...oh...she prefers to be called Grace (see her picture below "managing" from the camping chair under the cobra body buck) set to get the rear end in place. We installed the third member. This requires you to torque the bolts down twice. Well I found out that my torque wrench (Which is all fancy) doesn't work. As a result, I went ahead and bought myself an old school torque wrench which is pictured below. WORKS GREAT. We started on the second part of the rear end build...the Axle Installation. WE ran into a snag..but that is for next week's post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home