Friday, June 09, 2006

FIRST BLOOD
My wife told me that this project would be full of blood, sweat and tears. Well this week, I got the blood out of the way. My misstion during the week was to remove the body from the vehicle and place it on the body buck (see previous post). Before I could get the body off the frame, the manual instructs you to temporarily install the windshield as you have to drill some mounting holes in the frame. This is much easier to do without a dash full instruments, wiring harness, etc. After I had finished mounting the windshield and drilling holes, I invited my relatives over again to assist in moving the body onto the buck. My mother in law (always the conserned greek mother) told me to put on my work gloves. I didn't listen and as soon as we were moving the body, my pinky finger was inpaled by a cotter pin on the hood hinge. Actually, I think the technical term is pierced as the pin went into the top of the pinky and out of the bottom of the first pad. Needless to say, typing has been a chore this week. Pictures are below. This weekend, I will be cleaning up and planning the rear suspension build. Wish me luck in keeping all my blood.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post a pic of the finger, lol.

j/k, hope you're alright.

That Hurricane body looks really nice in these pics.

I've been looking into the Hurricanes and yours is really swaying my opinion, please keep up with all the updates!

I'm almost as anxious as you are to see you puttin' around!!!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Khan Smith said...

I was going to post a pic of the finger but it was pretty gross. It is pretty much healed up now. Hopefully I get a scar. Pinky fingers need to have a tougher image IMO

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home