Sunday, December 10, 2006

Sealing Oil Lines and Heat Shielding the Brake Lines:
I had to pull the engine out again....yup. Thank God I didn't put the crane back in the basement. See, I forgot to seal the oil lines that come out of the block. Because my oil lines are so close to the frame, I need to raise the engine 1 1/2 inches to remove the lines. Anyway, you need to apply teflon tape to your threads so that they don't leak. As you will see below, I am all sealed up now. Man I can be an idiot.

I also received my heatshield. I wanted to apply some heatshield to the brake lines and to the bottom of the master cylinders because they are so close to the headers. These headers put out a lot of heat (Even though I had them cyramic coated). I will be using high temperature brake fluid so this work was probably over cautious. Regardless, an ounce of prevention....
Anyway, I got to use my fun new saftey wire tool that twists wire. I bought this tool for the saftey wire that will use on my wheels. This tool basically grabs the wire then spins like a top, forming a really strong wire. I think hippies use something like this to make jewelry...probably fly fisherman too. Click the images below for a larger view






























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home