Friday, August 24, 2007

I have loud gasholes
New Jersey law does not allow open side pipes even though there is no law that I can find that prohibits exhaust loudness. Well, my pipes are technically "open" right now on the Cobra. I have been trying to find a way to make my pipes "legal" without hacking apart my pipes. I think I have found a way. I got the idea from a post on FFCobra.com . Basically you take a Vortex 3.5 inch "cone" and insert it into the exit of the pipe. This should quite the pipes down (but only a little) and technically, it is no longer an open pipe. I will also use this time to use some copper silicone to seal off the header slip joints (I mention in a previous post that I have an exhaust leak). So this means I will have to take the sidepipes off one more time before final install. Remember how painful that was?





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home